For anybody who hadn’t noticed the price of sequins shoot up lately, the Met Gala was held last night in New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art, and as usual the outfits stole the show. This year the theme was ‘Camp’, a broad brief that inspired plenty of different interesting outfits to grace the red carpet. Here are some of the best:
1. Lady Gaga is in a strong position to win this year’s Gala, with a four piece outfit that bounced between pink and black, channelling everybody from Shrek’s Fairy Godmother to Mary Poppins.
2. Harry Styles and Alessandro Michele wearing Gucci
3. Kanye West in a $42 Dickies jacket and Kim K wearing a custom Mugler, giving the impression that she’s soaked and dripping with water.
Kim completely changed her outfit to host one of the official Met Gala after-party’s at Up & Down nightclub. Kanye didn’t even change his expression.
4. Travis Scott in Dior looking like a WWII space pilot and Kylie Jenner rocking the pom-pom cheerleader look
5. Jared Leto wears Gucci and carries his own severed head
6. Serena Williams in Versace and Nikes, wearing a dress featuring pink and yellow butterflies and leaves, intricately stitched on by hand.
7. Celine Dion, Queen of Camp in Oscar de la Renta
8. Janelle Monae wearing four hats and a blinking eye in Christian Siriano‘s custom dress
9. Ezra Miller‘s got his eyes on you
10. Sophie Turner with new husband Joe Jonas